Brand Levitra is developed in Germany. The main active ingredient is vardenafil. The drug is released in tablets, each has 20 mg of vardenafil. Levitra is a medication used to treat erectile dysfunction in men of different ages. The pharmacological effect is the relaxation of the smooth muscle layer of blood vessels and increased blood circulation in the penis. As a result of this process, an erection is improved in response to natural stimulation.
Levitra is able to cause an erection in its complete absence or to enhance weak sexual excitement. The effect manifests itself about 30 minutes already at the first application. The effect lasts up to 5-6 hours. The tablets are rapidly absorbed, penetrating the blood. One tablet per day is recommended daily dosage. The dosage decreases with a long-term treatment of the disease.
One branded tablet contains 20 mg of the active substance. The standard dosage is 10-20 mg of vardenafil per day. The necessary dose is selected by the doctor in accordance with the individual characteristics of the male body, his age, the presence of additional pathologies, as well as the general state of health. The dosage can be either increased or decreased at the doctor’s permission. The tablet is washed down with water. Tablets can be used in combination with alcohol-containing drinks (in small quantities).
How does this drug work?
Vardenafil, the foundation of the generic Levitra, blocks the enzyme phosphodiesterase, providing the release of sodium oxide and blood flow to the penis of men. The effect of the drug is observed exclusively in the presence of natural stimulation, as a result of which the natural excitement and libido are enhanced. Vardenafil starts performing its functions 15-25 minutes after the use. The effect duration is at least 4 hours.
- Hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug;
- Simultaneous use with nitrates or drugs that are donors of nitric oxide;
- Concomitant use with moderately active or potent CYP3A4 inhibitors such as ketoconazole, itraconazole, ritonavir, indinavir, erythromycin, and clarithromycin;
- Medications for the treatment of erectile dysfunction should not be used in men who are contraindicated sexual activity (for example, patients with concomitant cardiovascular diseases such as unstable angina or acute heart failure.
The safety of brand Levitra has not been investigated. Until relevant data have been obtained, its use is not recommended in patients with the following conditions:
- severe liver dysfunction;
- terminal kidney disease requiring hemodialysis;
- arterial hypotension;
- a recent stroke or myocardial infarction (within the last 6 months);
- unstable angina pectoris, as well as hereditary degenerative diseases of the retina, such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- Infectious and parasitic diseases: rarely – conjunctivitis.
- Immune system: infrequently – allergic edema and angioedema; rarely – allergic reactions.
- Mental disorders: infrequently – sleep disturbances.
- Nervous system: very often – headache; often dizziness; infrequently – paresthesia and dysesthesia, drowsiness; rarely — fainting, amnesia, convulsions.
- The organ of vision: infrequently – impaired vision, hyperemia of the conjunctiva of the eyeball, impaired color perception, pain in the eyeballs and discomfort in the eyes, photophobia; rarely – increased intraocular pressure.
- Hearing disorders and labyrinth disorders: infrequently – ringing in the ears, vertigo.
- Cardiovascular system: infrequently – palpitations, tachycardia; rarely – angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, ventricular tachyarrhythmias, often – vasodilation; rarely hypotension.
- Respiratory system, chest, and mediastinal organs: often – nasal congestion; infrequently – shortness of breath, nasal sinus congestion.
- Gastrointestinal tract: often – dyspepsia; infrequently – nausea, abdominal pain, dry mouth, diarrhea, gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastritis, vomiting.
- Liver and biliary tract: infrequently – increased activity of transaminases.
- Skin and subcutaneous tissues: infrequently – erythema, rash.
- Musculoskeletal and connective tissue: infrequently – back pain, increased muscle tone and cramps, myalgia.
- Genitals and mammary gland: infrequently – increased erection; rarely – priapism.
The popularity of Levitra is due to its advantages:
- available in our online pharmacy;
- effective in the treatment of erectile deviations, suffering from type 1 diabetes or type 2 diabetes (diabetes mellitus);
- fast-acting effect;
- the effect remains for at least 4 hours;
- it helps men of any age category;
- can be used in combination with small doses of alcoholic beverages;
- does not have a harmful effect on the male reproductive function, does not affect sperm motility;
- effective regardless of the meal.
Clinical studies conducted on volunteer groups have shown that Levitra and alcohol are compatible to some extent. The effect of vardenafil is not reduced by the presence of ethyl alcohol in the blood. It is not recommended to drink a lot of alcohol before taking the medicine.